Veggies don’t have to be dull. In fact, add cheese to anything and scientists have shown it improves all foodstuffs 112%.*
Here’s how to jazz up a boring old courgette.
You’ll need: 1 courgette, 50g feta cheese, 1 tbsp olive oil, freshly chopped chives, pine nuts, 1/2 diced tomato, 1/4 chopped garlic clove and a few rosemary sprigs.
1. Put the whole courgette into a saucepan of water and bring to the boil. Boil hard for 6 mins.
2. In the meantime, take a bowl and spoon in chopped tomato, garlic, olive oil and chives. Mix well.
3. Once courgette is soft (stab it with a fork to check!), cut it in half or thirds (depending on size) and scoop out the watery middle bit.
4. Spoon in feta mix and sprinkle some pine nuts on top.
5. Place your courgette towers a baking try and grill under a low heat for 5-6 mins, or until the top is a golden colour.
6. Sprinkle rosemary sprigs on top, and tuck in.
Serve as a starter or make it part of a wholesome lunchbox.
* Figure may be made up.