BBQ season can be a lonely time for non-meat eaters, but outdoor eating doesn’t have to be boring. Prepare these skewers at home and wrap in tinfoil to bring to parties and you’ll avoid the “Oh I didn’t know you were vegetarian” lines.
What you need:
3 skewer sticks
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 garlic clove, sliced thinly
1/2 tsp thyme
1 yellow pepper, chopped in chunks
8 halved button mushrooms
1 courgette, sliced and halved
8 cherry tomatoes
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan. When it bubbles, add the garlic and let simmer.
2. Turn the heat off and add desired herbs.
3. Allow to infuse for 20 mins.
4. Thread the veg on to skewers randomly.
5. Brush skewers with oil and season with salt and black pepper.
6. Cook on a preheated grill.