This everything but the kitchen sink recipe means you can really get creative! Throw in whatever veg is lying around the house and you’ll create a combo that’s sure to tickle your tastebuds. Here’s a loose guideline of what to chuck in, but remember anything goes.
65g basmatic rice
30g broad beans
1/2 spring onion
1 tomato, cut in chunks
1 yellow pepper, cut in chunks
1 handful or rocket, torn up
1/2 tbsp coriander
2tbsp toasted seasame seeds
squeeze of lime
1tbsp olive oil
1/4 red chilli, chopped finely
1cm ginger, grated
1/4 garlic clove, chopped
1 lime squeezed
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbspy soy sauce
1. Get a saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Pour in some olive oil and heat gently.
2. Next pour in rice and cover with water, up to about the first joint in your finger.
3. Boil rice hard for 5 mins and put on tight fitting lid. Remove from heat and leave to sit for 20mins. The steam will cook the rice to fluffy proportions.
* Or just use last night’s leftovers. Easier.
1. Whisk them all together and leave to infuse. If you don’t have the exact ingredients, get creative and make some substitutes.
1. When rice is ready, drain in a sieve and run under cold water. Put in a bowl.
2. Stir in peas, beans, onions and the dressing mix.
3. In a seperate bowl mix the tomato, rock and coriander.
4. Pop tomato mix on top of rice mix.
4. Serve in a lunchbox with a wedge of lime.