Christmas is coming up fast and it will soon be time to start wrapping the gifts we’ve bought for our loved ones.
Wrapping gifts can be a nightmare at the best of times and there’s always someone who is perfect at it who makes it look effortless. It’s time to pull out the big guns – the tiktok hacks.
1) The little pocket – With this sneaky hack, you’ll be able to pop a Christmas card in the little pocket that appears when you pull off the folding trick.
@lenniamc #UnwrapTheDeals How to wrap a gift #wrappinghack #wrappingtips ♬ All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
2) Easy access – Using this hack, you create a little tab for the gift you’re wrapping, making it easier to open.
@simplysalfinds Easy gift wrapping hack! 🎁#wrappinghacks #giftwrapping #giftwrapidea #lifehacks #hacks #todayyearsold #salfinds #fyp ♬ The Office – The Hyphenate
3) Fancy fold – This method was designed to wrap an iPhone, but if you look closely you’ll see the little pocket appearing. You can use it for cards or like in this video, little bits of nature!
@lenniamc Reply to @delilahjara Beautiful Way Wrap A Gift #wrappingpaper #wrappinghacks #giftwrapping ♬ Christmas 2021 Mashup – Kuya Magik
4) The diagonal detour – this hack is perfect if you’re running low on wrapping paper. Simply turn the gift to create more space and you have more wrapping paper to play around with!
5) Instant gift bag – This hack is perfect for those items that are just too odd of a shape to wrap normally, like teddies
@lindsayroggenbuck Gift wrapping hack #lifehack #lifehacks #momhacks #todayyearsold #learnontiktok #christmastiktok #christmashack #christmashacks #giftwrappingideas ♬ All I Want for Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
6) Look Ma! No tape! – It’s weird to think that you can wrap a gift with no tape. But with this hack and some more eco wrapping paper, it’s possible! If it means we don’t have to deal with little pieces of tape that get stuck to everything except where you try to put them!
@lenniamc Reply to @_emeliajane_ How to wrap a gift with no tape #wrappinghack #wrappingpresents #hacksoftiktok ♬ Track Star – Mooski
7) Save your scraps – this hack is all about using up the leftover wrapping paper and adding more detail to a gift. use bands of scrap wrapping paper to add contrast and colour, finish off with a bow and off you go!
@kassyrandazzo I enjoy the gift wrap as much as the gift! Anyone else?! #OurType #makeitmini #giftwrappinghacks #itsanaesthetic #colorfulchristmas #holidaywrapping ♬ original sound – Kassy Randazzo
8) Different materials – everyone uses wrapping paper Break the mould and try something else like this sheath of material and make something pretty!
@lifeprettyhacks Gift wrapping skills❣️🌹#viral #diy #tipsandtricks #satisfying #beautiful #decoration #usefullifetips #hacksoflife #foryoupage ♬ The Show – Lenka
9) Zero waste – Christmas produces so much waste, so we should try and cut back where we can. Buy sustainable where you can, like using brown paper and string, which also gives a vintage feel. Or you can take up this hack, which also builds up the number of gifts given and is super cute!
@carolina.mccauley Zero waste gift wrapping 💓🎁 #xmas2021 #christmashacks #wrappinghacks #homehackswithcarolina #christmasgiftsideas ♬ Sleigh Ride Christmas Song – Brandy Rose
10) Get artsy – If you choose to go the old school brown paper style, there are a bunch of ways to jazz them up! Strips of colourful paper, string, tags or grab a calligraphy pen, like in this video! Make countless designs, save on name tags and get creative in the process!
@thecheshiregreyhome_ Simple Christmas Wrapping #christmas #christmas2021 #christmastree #christmastiktok #christmasdecor #christmasdiy #christmaswrapping #presents #presentwrappinghack #christmaspresent #christmastiktok #christmascountdown #TKMaxxTalentShow #JDSTREET #fyp #foryoupage #christmasdiydecor #christmasdiyideas #christmasdiyprojects #christmasiscoming #alliwantforchristmas #christmasbaking ♬ original sound – ✰ Christmas sounds ✰
You’re gifts will look so good you’ll be hired by a perfume shop to do it next year!
By Sadhbh Pearse