If you’re one of the lucky ones heading along to the sold-out Dermot Kennedy gig this Friday or Saturday you might have a couple of questions about it.
From stage times to age restrictions, MCD has just released their list of information and essentials for the gig. Here’s everything you need to know to stay safe and have fun.
Gates – 5pm
Show starts – 6pm
View this post on Instagram
Who is the support act?
Dermot’s support act is Irish singer James Vincent Mc Morrow. If you’re unfamiliar with his music here’s a little taster so you can belt a couple of his best hits out.
How can I get there?
Plan your route and transport route in advance allowing at least an extra 1.5hrs travel time to/from the venue. As traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly encouraged to walk, bike, use public transportation or carpool. Promoters do not operate transportation to/from venue which is matter for customers to arrange in advance.
NO Parking Facilities Available. Please do NOT park illegally. Towing and clamping in operation.
- By DART: The DART will run services to and from the concerts each day. Please alight at HARMONSTOWN DART station. Visit www.irishrail.ie
- By BUS: Dublin Bus run services that will bring you within walking distance of the concert site.
- Bus routes from Abbey St Lower include 6, H1, H2, H3 or 130.
What safety measures can I expect?
- NO backpacks, large handbags, bags over A4 size, umbrellas, cloakroom, storage facilities, Glass or cans, alcohol, garden furniture, selfie sticks, flares, professional cameras, detachable lens, video cameras, audio recording devices, iPads, GoPro’s etc. You will be refused entry. Items left unattended will be removed and disposed accordingly. Full list of prohibited items please visit www.mcd.ie.
- Ticket inspections in operation on approach routes.
- Obey Gardaí and steward’s instructions. Don’t rush exits. NO re-admissions. Promoters and An Garda Síochána reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Everyone will be subject to a search permissible under law and a condition of ticket purchase and entry. –
- Additional security checks of clothing, bags and other items as determined by promoter/Gardai will be undertaken.
- We’re thrilled to be back after 2 years, having been acknowledged as one of most severely impacted sectors due to COVID. Once again, we request your patience and continued support, as we work to reset our level of customer experience, queuing and onsite facilities to you our valued customers. Thank you for supporting our event.
What are the age restrictions?
- Under 16’s MUST be accompanied at all times by a Parent/Guardian over 18. Unaccompanied under 16’s will be refused entry without refund.
- Please contact promoter well in advance with any accessible requests or queries visit firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessible Parking MUST be booked in advance of the event please visit www.ticketmaster.ie.